Monday 8 April 2013

There's a mouse in the house!


Let me introduce you to Snuggles the Mouse (apparently the name ‘Miss Mouse’ didn’t suit). She is already much loved by Little Flower, and she has made friends with Petal the Bunny

You may remember me explaining in my very first post that after making Petal from the pattern in Issue 2 of Simply Crochet magazine, Little Flower asked me to make her a cuddly toy, but she wanted a mouse. So I based the mouse on the bunny pattern from Simply Crochet, but I adapted the ears and tail. Here is a quick run-through of what I did, in case you simply must have your own:
Mouse Ears (I’m just giving stitches here, you can use whatever yarn and hook you fancy!)
Main ear, in body colour
Ch3, ss to 1st st to join
Foundation row: ch1, 6dc in the ring (6st)
Round 1: *2dc in next st; repeat from * to end (12st)
Round 2: *1dc, 2dc in next st; repeat from * to end (18st)
Round 3: *2dc, 2dc in next st; repeat from * to end (24st)
Round 4: *3dc, 2dc in next st; repeat from * to end (30st)
Round 5: *4dc, 2dc in next st; repeat from * to end (36st)
Fasten off.

Inner ear, in pink
Ch3, ss to 1st st to join
Foundation row: ch1, 6dc in the ring (6st)
Round 1: *2dc in next st; repeat from * to end (12st)
Round 2: *1dc, 2dc in next st; repeat from * to end (18st)
Fasten off.

Stitch the inner ear to the main ear, then attach to head when finished.
 I also changed the tail, but that was a bit of a guessing game, which went something like this: ch3, ss to 1st st to join, 1dc in each st, going round and round til the tail is about 2cm/1inch long, then 2dctog and 1dc in each st for another 2cm/1inch or so, continuing like this til you can’t take it anymore and fasten off! I made this mouse’s tail rather short because of the 3-year-old.

“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another:
‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.’” – C.S. Lewis

I am so glad I started blogging. Thank you for reading!


8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, are you even kidding me? That mouse (and this post) - perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snuggles is lovely. Love the picture taken from behind. I'm sure they will become the best of pals.

    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are gorgeous - I'm sure they are going to have many adventures together x Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeeeeeeeek (appropriately mouse-like squeal!) - she's PERFECT! I love the photo taken from behind too - so cute! Love finding there's a new Chrissie Crafts blog notification in my inbox - you're fast becoming my new guilty pleasure! x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. snuggles is so cute, love that last photo of the rear view, ali

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your little crochet bunny and mouse. Gorgeous.
    M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are too precious! My girls have a bit of a stuffed animal obsession... I know they would love these guys. Hope you won't mind me linking to them this month at Tangled Happy. Thanks for sharing this super sweet pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sara, I would be delighted! My girls are now requesting all sorts of little crochet buddies, I think they'll be picking up hooks soon! Cx

      Delete